- Marisa Calderon is an experienced executive who has been recognized, awarded, and cited nationwide for her expertise in the housing and financial services industries. She has nearly two decades of experience dedicated to the issues of economic mobility and bridging America’s racial wealth gap.
- Marisa is the executive director of NCRC Community Development Fund, Inc., a U.S. Treasury-certified community development financial institution that provides loan capital to expand access to affordable homeownership and helps Black-, Brown-, and woman-owned businesses thrive. She is also chief of community finance and mobility for the Community Development Fund’s parent company, the National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC), where she focuses on advancing economic mobility for communities impacted by systemic inequality and disinvestment.
- Marisa is ranked on the Swanepoel Power 200 as one of the most powerful leaders in the residential real estate industry, and was named a HousingWire Woman of Influence in 2018 and 2021 for her work in increasing real estate and mortgage professionals’ understanding and appreciation of the Hispanic home-buying market. In 2021, she was also named one of Diversity Journal’s Women Worth Watching in Leadership and is featured in this year’s volume of Hispanic Stars Rising: The New Face of Power. Frequently sought out as an issue-area expert on affordable housing, banking, and immigration, Marisa has been interviewed by numerous publications and media outlets including NPR’s Marketplace and has regularly spoken at events for the Mortgage Bankers Association, Consumer Federation of America, FDIC, and the National Fair Housing Alliance, among others.
- Prior to joining NCRC, Marisa served as executive director of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP), one of the largest minority and real estate trade associations in the nation. During her decade at the helm of NAHREP, she authored the annual State of Hispanic Homeownership Report and played an instrumental role as executive producer of L’ATTITUDE, an annual broadcast and event attended by thousands that engages entrepreneurs, business leaders, professional athletes, politicians, and other industry influencers.
- In addition to this work, Marisa is a board member of Latinas Lead California. Previously, she served as board secretary for the Hispanic Wealth Project, which has a stated goal of tripling the median household wealth of Hispanics by 2024, and on the advisory board for the Banc of California and the Fannie Mae Affordable Housing Advisory Council.
- Marisa lives in San Diego with her husband and two children.